Monday, October 21, 2013

REVIEW: Elite by Rachel Van Dyken

Elite (Eagle Elite #1)Elite by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 2 of 5 stars











OK... so when I started the book out, I felt:

//


To say that I was NOT HAPPY with various behaviors would be an understatment!


How I felt about The Elect *said with sarcastic finger quotes*:

//



How I felt about Trace?



BUCK THE FUCK UP, GIRL! GET A FUCKING BACKBONE!!! *stomps off in feminine dissatisfaction*


However!! - (there's usually always a however), my opinion is changing... but I'm now so:

//



So... that's where I am at right now. Lets see what happens next. I have about 45% or so left to go.




~*~*~*~ UPDATE: Finished ~*~*~*~



OK... WOW. (0.0)

Have you ever read a book and you KNOW you're supposed to be all:




But all you can really muster up, since you figured that it was going to be either this or one other scenario, is this:






You know that there are scenes that are expected to be read like:




You, however, read them with all the excitement of:






THE CHARACTERS


Tracey: (Lead Female)





Nixon: (Lead Male)





Everyone Else:

//



Overall Thoughts?

This story had a lot of potential that I don't think it lived up to. Prime example, without going into spoilers, there comes a time/scene when Tracey should have been all:




Instead, she went all:



I mean.. c'mon! Give what her family history ended up being?? - Grow some 'nads, chica! Jesus!



And then there's a situation between her and the lead male, Nixon. When she SHOULD have been all:

//


But instead went all:

//


How I felt about it all as a whole:










Overall, lots of a potential lack of living up to it. It's not an awful read by any means, but it could be so much more, I feel!



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment