Friday, July 26, 2013

REVIEW: Love Me Back by Michelle Lynn

Love Me BackLove Me Back by Michelle Lynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Disclaimer: Through an unusual means, I was given this book through a Read 2 Review and asked to provide an honest review by the author.



What do I think of this?

Hmmm....... Well, to start with, it was kind of a long read, but I found I couldn't put it down. It bounced back and forth between time frames; one second you're in the present and the next you're back when she was 11, etc. Normally that doesn't bother me, but in this case it was a constant thing and you just want her to GET ON WITH IT! I think it would have been better to start out in present, jump into the past and then work back up to the present. Would have flowed better, I think.

Due to this jumping back and forth, I developed a level of dislike and hatred for Trent that verged on the passion of a thousand burning suns!

(view spoiler)[HE'S FRIGGIN' LITTLE SPOILED PRICK! All he thinks of is himself and how Maddie needs to be there for him, but when she loses their baby, the little shit is all, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm too wrapped up in myself and probably banging half the soccer groupies to be bothered." *kicks him in the balls* (hide spoiler)]

Where Maddie is concerned... Ugh! Don't even get me started on her! I'll give you one word for her: enabler.

But then we have Gabe. Poor Gabe. I want a Gabe. Can I have a Gabe?

I'd prefer to have given this 3.5 stars, as I did like the overall story, but you can't do half stars. *glares at GoodReads*


All I have to say about this are three things:


HOW I FEEL ABOUT TRENT:




HOW I FEEL ABOUT MADDY:




HOW I FEEL ABOUT GABE:





Some parts of this book I was all:



...and some I was all:



...be forewarned. This book will place you on an emotionally exhausting roller coaster!

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment