Friday, July 26, 2013

REVIEW: More by Clare James

TITLE: More (Before You Go #2)
AUTHOR: Clare James
STARS: ★ ★ ★
PUBLISHED: 06/2013
LANGUAGE: English
RATING: New Adult
GENRE: Contemporary, Romance, Angst, Drama






SUMMARY:

One summer.
One chance to forget the past.
One opportunity to make things right.

There’s no denying the heat between Jules Taylor and Foster Sutton. They are two wild souls with a fire burning inside. Together, they create a hot and dangerous mix of emotion and lust.

But after a terrible accident leaves one friend dead, Foster is bound by a secret that keeps him from getting closer to Jules. And he’s left with only one thing to offer her – friendship.

For Jules, her relationship with Foster is getting old. He falls down and she picks him up, but they never move forward. Their occasional hook-ups are no longer enough, and Jules vows that this is her summer to forget Foster and find love. If it were only that easy.

It seems fate is pushing Jules and Foster together at every turn. And it’s only a matter of time before they give up and give in. 



REVIEW:

I came by this novel through an unusual means. In exchange for the book, I promised an honest review.

I'd like to first state that I have never read BEFORE YOU GO. Therefore, I really have no idea if this book ties in to that one or not. I went in with the attitude that this was a standalone, although I do feel that there is some connetion to the other, but I can't be sure.

I'm forced on here to give this book 3 stars. I have complained repeatedly about Goodreads not allowing 1/2 star votes. If it did, this wuold be a solid 3.5 stars.

Where the story's characters are concerned, you can't help but to identify with them on some level. We've all had that one person whom we've loved to distraction but didn't persue because we felt unworthy. Possibly you've been in love with someone who was self-destructing, but you were there for them anyway even though it pained you to watch them. No matter which way it runs, we have more than likely been in some form of this and it helps to connect and understand the motivations behind the characters thoughts and actions.

There is a chemistry between the main female (Jules) and the main male (Foster) that is undeniable. It practically fogs up the screen of my Kindle! :-) Jules & Foster together make for a... shall we steamy?? - novel!

One Word: Bathtub ;-)

Overall, this was a great book. I'm keeping it from 4 stars simply because I think a little more fleshing out/completeness could have been done. The alternating POVs, which probably annoying to some, I enjoyed. I liked getting more than one perspective. Would I rec it to another reader? Yes!

I just want to add that I want to scoop Foster up, pet and squeeze him and love him.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment